Microwaves are an important part of our lives. They take seconds to warm up our dish which is great for people who have busy schedules. But after a few days, every microwave oven starts to smell because of the presence of dirt and grime. In this particular time, you may need to clean it to make it fresh and smell nice again. But the idea of using several tools and chemicals may not appeal people who like to live without them. The best trick is to clean microwave with lemon. The hardest part to clean is the roof of the microwave but we will let you know the easiest way to get the job done.
Things that you will require:
- A fresh lemon or if you do not get one you may use concentrated lemon juice
- 2 clean dishcloths
Steps to help you clean the roof of your microwave:
- You will need about 2 cups of water to clean the roof. So, take the water into a saucer and squeeze the lemon juice into it. Give it a stir and then turn on the gas to bring it to a boil.
- Let the water and lemon juice come to a warm temperature in which you may comfortably touch it. Then dip the dishcloth into it.
- Take the dishcloth and wipe the roof of your microwave to get rid of all the grime and the nastiness that has accumulated on it. Make sure to get the corners. It will effectively remove oil stains.
- Wipe off the area with a dry dishcloth to take care of the extra water and the last remaining dust. You will be all done.
- A bonus tip will be to take a microwaveable bowl add water to it and then place a slice of lemon into it. Microwave it for about 2 minutes so that it may add moisture to the tough stains. This also deodorizes the microwave to give it a nice smell.
Lemon is one of the nicest tricks to clean your microwave. The tool is all natural and handy. The citric acid present in lemon juice helps in fighting against the stains. Lemons also have antibacterial properties which fight against all the bacteria and bad things that are present in the microwave. So, after cleaning your microwave with this trick you will have a nice, fresh smelling microwave.