For the longest time, homeowners have tried their best to match tables and chairs for different room settings. When it comes to the dining space, many people still prefer buying a complete set. However, things have changed considerably in recent years, and interior experts often recommend using unique chairs in the dining room, so as to add more drama and character to the space. Here are the things you must know about buying dining chairs.
- Consider comfort. A dining chair should be comfortable and must offer enough room for the person to enjoy the meal. Check the height of the chair and the length of the backrest to know the overall measurements. Also, if you need additional comfort, you might want to buy cushioned chairs.
- Set a budget. Chairs come in all sorts of shapes and budgets, but before you can shortlist the options, do consider the budget. Wooden chairs, especially the ones that are made of hardwood like mahogany and oak, are more expensive than MDF and metal chairs. However, if long-term value is your first consideration, wood is probably the best choice.
- Mix it up. All your dining chairs don’t have to look the same. Yes, you read that right. A lot of homes have unique mix of chairs that are often same in terms of shape but have different colors. If your preferences incline towards accented interiors, go for bright shades and colors.
- Consider other factors. Dining chairs shouldn’t be too heavy, because you have to move them around regularly. Also, you must check the need for maintenance and upkeep, especially for the cushioned ones that tend to get dirty soon enough.
- Lastly, check online. There are many online stores that sell a wide range of dining chairs at great prices, and there’s something for everyone.
Shortlist a few options right now!